The Databases Panel
After you open a server in databaseEZ's File menu, the Databases panel will show databases contained in that server. You can select databases here to add them to the Grid pane (and thus show their global database properties); click the top-level checkbox to show all databases on the server in the grid.
The Database Panel
Changing the Databases Panel Display
If you click Options>Databases you have the following options:
- Show Title: Displays the database's title (e.g: Bookmarks).
- Show File Name: Displays the database's filename (e.g: bookmark.nsf).
- Show Title - File Displays the database's title followed by its filename (e.g: Bookmarks -- bookmark.nsf).
- Show File - Tile Displays the database's filename followed by its title (e.g: bookmark.nsf -- Bookmarks).
Database panel display options in databaseEZ's Options menu
Database Loading Options
There are two items in the Options menu that you can choose between in order to tweak databaseEZ's performance:
- Read Database Immediately upon Selection: When this is selected, databaseEZ will display all of a database's properties as soon as its checkbox is clicked.
- Read Database only when 'Apply' Button is Clicked: When this is selected, databaseEZ will only display a database's properties after you click the Apply button at the bottom of the Databases panel. This option can improve performance when you're accessing databases using a slow connection. NB: This option is automatically selected if you use a Database Selection Filter.