The Replication History Panel
replicationEZ offers the ability to access the replication history across multiple Domino servers. This is a practical way to determine which databases have been replicating with each other and when this replication has been taking place.
The Replication History panel uses a grid-type inferface which offers the standard grouping, filtering, customization and exportation options available in all Ytria tools' grids.
How to load Replication History information
In order retrieve Replication History information, select some Replica IDs in the main grid and choose one of the 'Load Replication History' options in the right-click menu.
The following two commands are available:
'Load Replication History' (Reset Replication History grid): This option will retrieve replication histories but also clear any information that's currently loaded in the Replication History panel.
'Load Replication History' (Append and/or Refresh Replication History grid): This option will also retrieve histories for the selected replicas, but add them to any currently listed in the Replication History panel.
Using the Replication History Panel
Once you've loaded the histories for one or more Replica IDs, they will appear in the Replication History Panel.
The following columns are available in this panel:
- Time of retrieval
- Replica ID
- Server Name
- Database Path
- Server replicated with
- Full path of database replicated with
The Replication History panel shows a flat view of replication history events
Right-click Contextual Menu options in the Replication History panel
The following right-click menu options are available in the Note Counters panel:
- Select All Main Grid Rows Related to this/these Replica ID(s): This is a quick and easy way to have your main grid selection match your selection in the Replication History panel.
- Uncheck Database for Selected Entries: This will de-select any databases in the Databases panel associated with the selected rows in the Replication panel.
- Uncheck Database For Entries Not Selected: This will de-select any databases in the Databases panel that are not associated with the current selection in the Replication History panel.
- Clear Replication History: This allows you to clear the histories for any replicas selected in this panel. This option will prompt a pop-up warning because it cannot be undone.
- Load Replication History Chart: This option will generate a Replication History chart based on your current selection in this panel. The following button is also available for this option:
- Discover Replica: This option will launch a 'Discover Replicas' process on any databases selected in this panel. The following button is also available for this option:
- Exclude Server from 'Discover Replicas' scans: This will add the server(s) for any databases currently selected in this panel to the 'Excluded Server List.' When a server is on this list, any databases contained in the server will not be retrieved during 'Discover Replicas' scans.
- Edit Excluded Server List: This option will open a dialog where you can add or remove servers from this list.
- Grid Action: This sub-menu is available in all grid-type windows in Ytria tools. Click here to see an overview of global grid features.
- Grid Columns: This allows you to hide any of the columns available in this grid.